Monday, January 15, 2007

And We're Here!


We are finally here everyone and it is gorgeous! Al and I had smooth travels and it has been a great couple of days. We were pretty jet legged when we arrived, but are doing fine now. We have the best view of the Mourne Mountains and they are unbelievable, so unreal. The place where we are staying is very small and old, but nice. Yesterday we spent the time getting to know everyone and they are great. There is another girl from Canada, a girl from Australia, a girl from Holland, a girl form Northern Ireland and then the rest are pretty much from around the States. There are only seventeen of us (fourteen of us being girls.) We knew that the girls were probably going to out number the guys, but we had no idea that it would be by this much. Today was the first day of our schooling and it was pretty much an introduction to the school and the weeks ahead, looks like they are going to be great. A bunch of us just got back from a lovely walk along the country roads and it was beautiful. It is true, the Irish are so nice! Everyone waves and says hi when they pass you by. A lady has already invited Al and I over for tea, and we will definitely be taking her up on the offer. Tomorrow we are leaving to do some team building (who knows what that will entail), we will be traveling about twelve miles from here to stay in chalets for two nights. It should be good! Also during this week we are to take a lot of time to pray and ask God where he wants us to go for our outreach. The choices are China, Serbia or Ireland, so if anyone wants to be praying for us in regards to this it would be greatly appreciated. I know our parents are rooting for Ireland, haha but who knows what will happen. We will try to take many pictures for you all and will be posting at least once a week. We aren’t really sure what you guys want to be reading about, so let us know! Hope you all are doing well and would love to hear from any of you.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Looks amazing girls! We had a huge ice storm last night, everything's closed down! Look what happens when you girls leave! haha. Karen

Chris said...

Hey Alex and Laura,

Good to hear from you. I'm glad you made it alright and I'm glad you have set this up so I can hear how both of you are doing. Keep it real.

-Big V

Anonymous said...

Hey Girls! Looks like you guys are having alot of fun already, It looks super Nice there!! I miss you girls so much already!! I went to work yesterday, and told niall how you guys went to northern ireland and he was so confused as to why anybody would wanna go there for 6 months!! and then i told him that its just because he is from there and spent so much time there that he doesnt understand! it was humorous! I miss you, and i just wanted to also say that this program is gay compared to facebook!! haha I love you!
Nikki

Anonymous said...

Ok guys, two days is your limit, after that you have to write something new!!! cuz i am being twin deprived all the way over here in canada!!

jesi said...

Hi Girls!

It looks like you are having an AMAZING time over there! I miss you! I hope that you get to check your email because I have a very important question for you ;)

Take care and I can't wait to see you both when you come back,
love,
jesi

Lauren said...

Hey girls. Looks like everything is going well for you! I just wanted to tell you that you should not be intimidated by my insane blogging talents because I mean.. I did take a course on it..so I'm pretty savvy. HAHA. OK talk to you soon!
xo